Sharing quality time and lots of laughter with loved ones this holiday season helps to build not only healthy relationships, but helps to improve the health of your body on a cellular level. In a nutshell, laughter helps improve the immune system, thus reducing chronic inflammation.
Some common sources of inflammation
- Diet (high omega 6:3 ratio, high sugar, high flour)
- Unfriendly gut bacteria (creating a healthy gastrointestinal microbiome is critical!)
- Antibiotic use
- Toxic metals and other toxic compounds
- Too little or too much exercise
Components commonly missing in individuals
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Adequate exercise
- Sufficient sleep and rest
- Properly coping with stress
- Laughter and a positive mental attitude
- Sunshine and Vitamin D
- Vitamins, minerals other nutrients
- Friendly gut bacteria
We are all unique. When it comes to our health, some individuals might have inflammation due to excess amounts of certain components while others might be deficient in others. The simplest method for reducing chronic inflammation is to eradicate these imbalances thus, allowing us to live our daily lives healthier and happier. If we don't have our health, what else do we have?
Wishing you and your loved ones a happy and safe holiday season!
Hello, my name is Stacy Peterson, Functional Nutritionist and Holistic Health, Wellness and Strength & Conditioning Coach with a MS in Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine practicing whole-foods nutrition and physical training to individuals around the globe.
Archive by Topic